Bilförsäkring or Car insurance Sweden is an interesting discussion l had with my friend when l was seeing him off to board his flight to his home country. We are driving and I asked him, what it like is to insure car Sweden. He starts by saying that there are various types of auto insurance policy in Sweden depending on what you want in car insurance in Sweden is what you get. He explained that the three basic auto insurance in Sweden are as follows:
– Helförsäkring, (Full Cover or Comprehensive Car insurance Cover): This is the type of auto insurance that covers you against theft, fire, crashing other cars; you know almost comprehensive cover seen in many countries.
– The second one is Halvförsäkring which can be called semi auto insurance which covers theft, damages on your car.
– The last one is called traffic or trafikförsäkring which basically covers damages done on other vehicles by you.
– There are also others but contact your car insurance agent or bil försäkringar learn more about them.
But before insuring your car in Sweden, you need to have personal number. This can be called an identity number which you can get from Swedish tax office in every municipality.
Cheapest car insurance in Sweden is possible if you use some of these strategies.
– Shop around to know various companies auto insurance rate. The more you compare the market, the better but make sure the rate you are getting is what you want to cover.
– Some auto dealers have their own car insurance at times, 40% to 50% off. They do this to attract and retain customers to always purchase vehicle from them. When you compare the market and finds out that their rate is cheaper and you need the vehicle, you can get their auto insurance policy and before six months when this discount is about to expire, ask them to give you a new quote or choose a different auto insurance company with cheapest auto insurance rate you find for your car. Using there rate after six months might be very expensive.
– A friend also told me that small engine diesel car are cheaper to insurance when compare to small engine petrol car.
– In most cases, don’t add drivers under the age of 25 to your car insurance policy as you are likely to get higher quotes or car insurance rate.
– Enhanced security features in your car help you get cheapest car insurance quotes in Sweden.
– There are other strategies to get cheap auto insurance which you can read HERE.
– Always pay attention to your car insurance agent or bil försäkringar to understand what you are covered as it might be confusing to many.
Many people complain that in Sweden that auto insurance is expensive, but this depends on lots of factors such as car model, auto insurance company, municipality, type of car insurance cover you want, the type of car you have, size of engine just to mention but a few. However, you can still get the cheapest rate by using the strategies I outline but you also have to bear in mind that what is cheap for you might be expensive for others.
Finally, I do hope you enjoyed this car insurance tutorial. To learn more on how car insurance works, visit this WEBSITE to day.