Car insurance settlement letter
Auto insurance claims letter can be written in various ways depending on your car insurance policy. You can write car insurance claims letter by using the services of a lawyer or attorney for a fee, using online templates or doing it by yourself through the help of library. It is the scope of this article to educate you how to write auto insurance claims letter all by your self.
Before you start writing this letter, you should always bear in mind that in any car accident, you must demonstrate the following to be regarded as a valid auto insurance accident:
– That the other driver was the cause or was the key reason why the car accident occurred.
– That you have suffered severe injury and loss as a result of the car accident.
– The serious nature of the injury and loss and finally
– You are writing to lay claims based on these.
The above four key factors have to be reasonably certain to convince your car insurance company and you have to demonstrate them in your car insurance claim letter. We are going to classify the writing process in stages.
STAGE 1, HAVING SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTS ABOUT THE CAR ACCIDENT.
The documents include the following;
– Police Reports
– State of your car before accident
– Photograph of your car after accident and damages done
– Pictures of the scene of the car accident
– Pictures of injuries you and your passengers sustained during the auto accident
– Eye witness report
– Your medical report
– All medical bills associated with the car accident
– Documents revealing that you have not work for the period you had car accident, lost salaries and wages
– Other cost you encounter which may include but not limited to flight and hotel prepaid cancelled, toying cost, armed robber attack and properties stolen during the cause of the auto accident just to mention few.
Once you have these reference or supporting documents, we are now ready for the next stage.
STAGE 2, WRITING CAR INSURANCE SETTLEMENT LETTER.
Writing auto insurance settlement letter is a business letter and should be treated as one. It has to contain two addresses, (your address and auto insurance company address) with date, sub headings and ends with sincerely then your name, signature and date.
In the main body of the letter, you must demonstrate the four key factors I mentioned early in this article if you really want to make a claim. To make your writing concise and straight to the point, state a causative factor in the car accident and back it up with the documents you gathered and the associated cost if you like. After stating this, summarize each factor with the claim you are making and move over to the next factor. State all the causative factors and the claims you are making and try as much as possible to be concise and fair in writing your car insurance settlement or claims letter.
The key is to write much related lost encountered during your car accident in this letter and make a higher quote of claim which your car insurance company may accept or call you for negotiation. After writing the main body of the letter, conclude your car insurance claims letter by stating the total claim you are making which can be in monetary or assets value. Attach all necessary documents and prepare for the final stage.
STAGE 3, POSTING YOUR CAR INSURANCE CLAIMS LETTER.
Posting your auto insurance claims letter should be done with registered mail. The reason of using a registered mail is to track if they have received your car insurance claims letter or not and also to have a copy of evident that you actually posted your car insurance claims letter. Also check your car insurance policy booklet to know exactly the means of communicating to your auto insurance company. In some cases, you may submit it in person to your car insurance company.
Finally, when you have submitted your car insurance claim letter, they will give you time frame to contact you back. It is either they accept to pay your claims or counter your claims which will give room for negotiations.
– Be consistent in your car insurance claim writing.
– Your car insurance may try as much as possible to bring you car insurance claim down. When not satisfied reject there proposal and ask for re negotiation and remember you can sue them.
– Also if you can’t write this letter by yourself, you can make use of auto accident claims lawyer.
I do hope this helps. Leave a comment.
Use these tips to get cheapest car insurance for your vehicle. it works like magic